Friday, June 18, 2010

A Rural Marketing!

You feel like heaven when you accomplish the task and that too in a impeccable manner. I have crossed the bridge and reached the end of tunnel. Its a feeling of achievement and day of celebration. The best way to celebrate is to share with you.

After writing down the prerequisite and checking them with preparation, I started rehearsing my presentation, slide show where ninety percent words are not between a to z. Yea, I made a whole presentation in Hindi with the help of one of my colleague. Reason: the whole bunch of attendees is unfamiliar with English terminology. They were Surpanch, Sachiv etc. from local villages. I presented the whole presentation in Hindi with words like "uttaradhikari" (nominee)। The best thing about the presentation was the way audience accepted my presence and responded in a affirmative way.

Now we talk about marketing. The whole presentation was about a product from Govt. of India. As I was pondering over how to make this product a real success, I got a call from a Surpanch of a nearby village for PAN card. I took this opportunity to discuss NPS (the product) with him. He grabbed the idea and appreciated the effort of Govt. of India. He also said that some more people might also be interested in NPS. So I thought why not organize a meeting with 20-30 surpanch from the nearby villages and tell them about NPS. They automatically pass on the information to their village. Surpanch is a opinion leader in a village. Organizing a meeting was just the first step of long journey. So I customize the presentation to suit the audience. I have never seen a presentation in Hindi, I swear. We also arrange a small high tea where food was much like "gaon wala". We also gave them return gifts.

First time, I had an experienced of rural marketing. I am happy it turned out very well. Gathering was huge. I know product was affordable, my job was to make them aware and accept the product. Availability is no problem.
Rural India - here I come.

No comments: