Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dua main yaad rakhna!!

After reading reviews of latest bollywood flick on underworld "Once upon a time in Mumbai", I decided to go for it. I am not a great fan of underworld movies, though Parinda and Company are always enjoyable, and Ekta Kapoor production house, therefore Once upon ... appealed hardly to me. What refrained me is the star cast. Even Ajay Devgan could not break my refrain. But you can't keep away yourself from movies like this. People around you make you feel that you are missing something good. Therefore I went to a theatre and watch the movie.
Movie stands apart on two grounds: Ajay Devgan and dialouges. Undoubtedly, Ajay Devgan is best fit in the role of Sultan Mirza. His dialogue delivery is fantastic, of course dialogues also get some credits. His white outfit in the whole movie and inebriated eyes while talking to Kangna will make your day. Secondly, dialogues are memorable. Some of my favourites are: Dua main yaad rakhna, Jab kaam dosti ho sakta hai to dushmani kyon karen; raste ki sochoonga to manzil bura maan jayegi; har kitaab ka naseeb library nahin hota hai, kuch kabad main bhi bikti hai, hum woh kitaab hain; and so many. Most of these dialogues are given to Ajay Devgan and he make the best of them. Of the other cast, Randeep Hooda make a mark in the movie with his honest performance as ACP Agnel Wilson. Prachi and Kagna could not find a clap from my side. I think both characters were not exploited well. I am sorry to say that Emraan Hashmi needs to learn acting especially for such kind of roles. The child artist who played his childhood role was fantastic in a 5 minute role. Some scenes are delight to watch, like propose by Ajay Devgan, gifts given by Kangna, Ajay Devgan swinging chair by his foot.
Among all these there are lot of hitches in the movie, in the first half, movie was too slow and not to mention the climax was very lathargic. Climax could had been handled in a better way. Most of the time I was confused about the work of Sultan Mirza, his character was well written but very loosely connected to the script. I thought focus was more on characters rather than what happened once upon a time in Mumbai and that's where you feel little confuse after coming out of the theatre. What you remember is just the dialogues and Ajay Devgan.
I wish this movie to be a hit, a desperate need of Bollywood.

No comments: