Friday, August 20, 2010

Have fun with booze.

I am not a regular drinker, but sometimes booze helps in placating the mental agony. It was during a recent visit to a tourist place near Indore, where I observe certain peculiar behaviours among booze takers. It was astonishing to see people behave in oddly manner after taking alcohol and I can see common demeanor among inebriates. I have tried to figure out some of the behaviours and listed them, you may add more at your risk!


1. Speak like speaker
First thing I have noticed that even a laconic person speaks a lot and surprisingly the most also. And not just they speak, they speak at their highest pitch, making everyone realize that "I am not a terse guy and I can also have fun." So, does alcohol gives energy just like Horlicks or Boost? I have a serious doubt!
2. No more civil
It is the matter of time when someone starts puking and not just yellow mesh but also words which I cannot write in my blog. Once started abuses, there is no ending of innovation. You will find the most amazing and innovative ways of expressing your gratitude towards your so called inimical ones (like your boss, gf who dumped you). It can be proved that alcohol opens your mind for more creativity and innovation, though you never take this opportunity for worth.
3. Bravery Awards
I always wonder why Godfrey Phillips (a company which is into tobacco industry) is organizing bravery awards, but lately drunkards gave me the answer. Whether it is alcohol or tobacco, both are good enough to make a man brave. With energy, alcohol also provides the power to fight and can come handy if you ran into some trouble (which is quite obvious). Remembering an incident, where my friend got caught smoking in the birth of train. Two policemen took him to aside and ask for the fine, it was just then a co-passengers( who I felt was almost become a longatiya yaar to my friend) streamed into conversation making it hot as he was drunk. Smell of rotten egg obviously suggested he was drunk, but he confidently denied to policeman. I mediate the situation somehow.
4. Emotional Attyachar
This is the most interesting aspect of boozing, people just open their heart for everyone. I remember a saying "sath main pade hue and sath main jam piye hue sathi, kabhi bhoolte nahin." People will say lot of emotional things, while keeping their right hands on their left chest (dil se keh rha hoon). No more handshakes now, all will hug and even cry(if the celebration is for some kind of a farewell).
5. Philosophy at its best
Love the way people show their philosophical behaviour after drinking. I am stating some frequent lines frequently stated by frequent drinkers:
1. Jab bhi yaad karega ek paon par aa jaunga
2. Jhoot nahin bolunga, jaam hath main hai, ki......
3. MC, BC and lot more
4. Tu hi to mera bhai hai!
5. Tere liye to main jaan bhi de doon.
6. Saala kam pad gayi.
and my favourite one ... mujhe chadi nahin hai!
Even shayaris(poems) has a deep connection with alcohol. If we categorize the shayari, then definitely we will find alcohol in top two. My favourite of them is a dialogue from Sharabi movie "Nasha sharaab main hota to nachti botal."


So all you teetotaller out there, just raise your bar(pun intended) and cheers your life.

No comments: